TERMS & CONDITIONS – FIREARMS & AMMUNITION
Please confirm before making payment by email. firstname.lastname@example.org
The different categories specify the specific purpose for which accreditation is required, namely –
(a) Public Collector or Museum;
(b) Hunting Association;
(c) Sport Shooting Association;
(d) Collectors Association;
(e) Shooting Range;
(f) Training providers in the use of firearms;
(g) Provide firearms for the use in theatrical, film or television productions;
(h) Game Rancher;
(i) Conduct business in hunting;
(j) Other business purposes;
(l) Official Institutions.
- COMPETENCY CERTIFICATES
All individuals who want to possess firearms, trade in firearms, manufacture firearms or conduct business as a Gunsmith must obtain the relevant competency Certificate. For more info please view: http://www.saps.gov.za/crime_prevention/firearms.htm
- LICENCE TO POSSESS FIREARMS: INDIVIDUALS
On 1 July 2000, the Firearms Control Act of 2000 and the Firearms Control Regulations came into effect, which provide for different categories of licenses to be issued to legally possess firearms in South Africa.
The different categories specify the specific purpose for which the person may possess a firearm as well as the limitation on the number of firearms that a person may legally possess in South Africa.
With your firearm application form, attach a certified copy of:
- your identity document
- the certificate obtained from the accredited training provider
- two sets of fingerprints
If you have a valid competency certificate, you can apply for the firearm license at your nearest SAPS Station. To apply you need:
- To submit the application form (Form SAP 271) at your nearest SAPS Station
- Two (not older than 3 months) colour photographs (passport size)
- Certified copy of identity document or passport
- Certified copy of competency certificate
- Certified copy of permanent residence permit in case of a non-South African citizen
- A proper motivation indicating the reasons for the need of the firearm
- To pay the prescribed fees
Please familiarise yourself with the requirement in respect of:
- License to possess firearms: Business
- License to trade in firearms and ammunition
- License to conduct business as a Gunsmith
All firearms licenses must be renewed every:
- Five years for self-defence
- Five years for business purposes
- Ten years for hunting or sports related shooting
- HOW MANY FIREARMS CAN ONE PERSON OWN?
The Act limits the number of firearms for which you can get a license, depending on your needs:
- Firearms for self-defence – one handgun or shotgun which is not fully or semi-automatic
- Up to four firearms for occasional hunters or sports shooters (but only one handgun and no fully or semi-automatic rifles and shotguns)
- No limit for dedicated hunters and sports shooters, but you must prove that you are a dedicated member of a hunting or sports organization, and must show the need for additional firearms
- No limit for people who use firearms for business purposes, but strict conditions apply
- Upon the purchase of a firearm, no storage fees will be charged for the first 12 months. However after the first 12 months, every month after that will be charged at R200 per month until the firearm is collected by the individual with a legal firearm licence for said firearm.
- Second hand firearms are sold after their safe operation has been assessed, and any repairs other than the safe operation of the firearm is covered by Vos Gun Shop as cosmetics are up to the client.
- A new firearm bought by the client and fired cannot be sold as a new firearm’s price, and will be sold as a second hand firearm.
- The terms and conditions form received on the day the firearm was purchased is to be presented on the day the firearm is to be collected or the transaction will not be completed as this document contains all agreements between the client and VosGunShop and protects the interests of both parties involved.
- Invoices received on the day of purchase, must be with the client on the day of collection of the firearm.
- No refunds, should the transaction be cancelled, then there will be a deal cancelation fee of 50%.
- If a deposit is paid on a firearm and the balance is not paid within the agreed time frame, which is within 30 days. The deposit and firearm is forfeited.
- The firearm will remain in our possession until a licence has been issued to you under the firearms control act.
- We will provide you with the necessary application form to apply for a license, after we have received the full retail price.
- If you wish to transfer the firearm to another dealer. You must inform us before we provide you with the application for a licence to possess a firearm, since we will be obliged to first register a transfer of ownership as required by the firearms control act. You will be liable for any transport fees payable.
- Upon your purchase of a firearm, you will not pay range fee until your license has been approved.
- PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE ACCORDING TO EXCHANGE RATES AND STOCK AVAILIBILITY.
- Firearms and ammunition can only be sold to persons with a valid license for applicable caliber.
- No cash refunds.